How to select a Nu-Hope Support Belt from Penlan Medical Ltd:
- Decide on the width required -
- capture at least two thirds of any hernia measuring from the base.
- Decide on the length required –
- use a Nu-Hope measuring tape or refer to the size guide.
- measure in line with the stoma.
- If you need an opening in the belt contact Penlan Medical for advice.
- Do you need an Overbelt?
- Contact Penlan Medical either by phone or email to place your order.
The Overbelt – This offers support across the face of the opening.
- Allows a lighter tension across the pouch compared to the main belt.
- Allows easy access to the pouch without the need to remove the support belt.
- Can be adjusted to give added support to hold back a prolapse.
When fitting it is recommended that you fit the belt whilst standing to start. Then, if possible, lie down flat for a few minutes and allow any hernia to relax into the body. Then re-tension the belt whilst still lying down to help get the best possible fit.
Having managed successfully with the belt it is normal practice to have at least a second belt so that one can be worn and the other washed. In some cases it is more practical to have two additional belts so that a spare is always available.
If you decide to get additional belts please contact your delivery company or Penlan Medical. Penlan will process any deliveries via your normal delivery company unless you give instructions to use another delivery service.
|Belt Width||Size||Cat No.||Belt Width||Size||Cat No.|
- S = 70-78cm
- M = 80-88cm
- L = 90-100cm
- XL = 103-115cm
- XXL = 118-130cm
To add an overbelt use -P as part of the product code (eg 6450-P)
Opening Chart (Standard opening is 60mm):
- A = 68mm
- B = 75mm
- C = 80mm
- DC = 72mm
- E = 50mm
- F = 56mm
- G = 63mm
- H = Medium Oval
- J = Large Oval
- K = X Large Oval
- L = 53mm
- M = 93mm
- NH = No Hole
- O = 100mm
- Q = 72 x 84mm
- R = 112mm
- T = 88mm
Please Note: All Belts Are Distributed As One Per Box.